Monday, June 18, 2012

Chicken Parmesan



This is my first posting and I'm really excited to share my recipes with you all. Here is one of my classic favorites that is a treat every once in a while for my husband and I. And well maybe Dixie (our dog) Ya'll will hear about her later. :)

Here it is...

Things you will need:
2 Chicken breasts
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of marinara sauce
1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella
1/2 a box of linguine pasta
1/3 cup of canola oil ( or eye ball it)
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
pinch of nutmeg
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

So I though of going for the visual step by step process Here is my attempt. I admire those who take a picture of EVERY single step because it is a little challenging when your best tools in the kitchen (your hands) are getting dirty as you cook. Very time consuming. But I have a passion for cooking and I enjoy every bit of it. :)

Lets begin.

Start boiling your water and cook according to pasta's directions. Make sure your put about a teaspoon of salt once it started boiling.

Pound your chicken until about 1 inch thick. (I actually halved my chicken breasts and then pounded them because they were really big.


Make your assembly line of your egg wash and your breadcrumbs. Mix the two eggs and milk in a bowl. (you can see my big hand print LOL)

Put your  canola oil in your pan and place one medium heat. Wow we are going to be here forever.. lol

So next step, once an hour has gone by and you fill your pan with the oil LOL! Dip your chicken with one hand in the egg wash and then use your other hand to coat with the bread crumbs.  Then place it in the oil. ( Sorry didn't take a pic of those two steps because both hands were dirty)
Make sure you have about that much oil. Just enough to cover the surface of the pan. Fry for 3 minutes on each side. And you'll get a nice brown crust
Oh and if your wondering why I am just frying the one piece of chicken is because I made my husband his  dinner before he goes to work and that is before I go to the gym. :) I made mine later. 

So throw in that pasta into the hot boiling water. You don't have to use linguine noodles you can use fettuccine, spaghetti or angel hair noodles. This is just what I had on hand. All though it seems like the sauce just really coats these noodles very well.



Ok so put the marinara sauce in the microwave for about a minute. Then we are going to place a couple of spoon fulls on the chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place in a 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes until cheese is all melted and is heated through.


Now for the Alfredo sauce. Melt the butter in the pan on a medium low heat, add the garlic once it is melted and let is saute for a minute.  Then add the cream and let them marry for about 2 minutes. Don't let the sauce boil. Just keep it at a simmer and slowly add the cheese and stir constantly as it melts.

   

Once all the cheese is melted add your salt and fresh cracked pepper to your taste and the pinch of nutmeg. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes or until you reach your desired consistency. I like my sauces thick so I simmer for about 4-5 minutes.








And this is the treat you get. =))
Enjoy!!









2 comments:

  1. yum!!! wish i ate that tonight over the grease I ate at big house. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey SISTER!!! Your pg looks cute :) I will attempt to make your reciepe even though I know it wont come out as AWESOME as yours. I like how you broke it down for us that need to see what it should look like in the process. I will let you know how it comes out. Pic coming soon (LOL) I get that from you :D

    ReplyDelete